salience

August 14, 2002

I leave one week from today to go back to BC.
Summer is over for me.
What am I going to say when people ask me how my summer went?
I will reply with, it was wonderful.
Honestly, I believe I have learned more about myself in the past two days than I ever anticipated. Sure, two days doesn’t constitute an entire summer, but it is included under the summer category.
Take the fight with my mom. That was ‘wicket crazy’ but I feel relieved that our relationship can take that kind of fallout and come back even stronger. That is pretty damn amazing if you ask me.
Last school year was complete hell for me. I roomed with a girl who could not be more of my polar opposite. I came so close to losing it that I never realized I lost myself. I believed in my heart that I had surrounded myself with people in Boston who cared about me. What a shock it was three hours ago to realize I had not seen these people for who they are, but instead for who I needed them to be. I was too much of an emotional wreck to understand the difference. To these people, I apologize.
On a cleansing note, I am finally at peace with myself. I do not know if there is any better feeling than this. Reconciliation with my own searching eyes at last.
lasaliente, 00:34

0 Comments:

Add a comment