salience
December 11, 2002
So many things I want to remember:
1. Thank you Logan, for stayin up with me. If it hadn't been for you, I don't know if I would have finished my case study so quickly. (Yes folks, I had to pull almost an all-nighter, and Logan was kind enough to stay up with me online, and then, when I was about ready to keel over from number crunching, he offered to call and make sure I was up after my early morning nap. What dedication!)
2. My last history class was yesterday, and I still can't believe what happened. At the end of the semester, we have to fill out evaluations of our professors. Well, my history professor walks in, thanks us for an entertaining semester, and starts passing out the evaluations. My class is pretty big for BC, about 120, so it was taking him a good five minutes to make it around the lecture hall. Out of nowhere he goes, "Damn this is taking forever! Oh wait! I have a great idea!" By this time he has passed out all of the evaluations and picks up this huge ziploc of golf pencils. He looks at it, and then at us, and says "You know, you guys are paying tens of thousands of dollars to go to this school, and you know what? There is a huge, freakin' debate about how important these damn pencils are! I mean, they're golf pencils for God's sake, c'mon! I mean, right? Apparently BC is paying a significant amount of money on golf pencils....how does that sit with you guys?" A collective boo of disgust erupts from the room, and to our surprise, Griggs goes, "Aw the hell with it!" and starts chucking the pencils at us. "This would just take too long if I was to walk around again, and I'm probably going to get sued, but what the hell!" He kept throwing pencils until everyone had about five and his gallon ziploc was empty. "Okay guys, do the evaluations, and I'll be back in a bit." About ten minutes later Griggs walks back in the room, and to our surprise again, he goes "Okay, now for the fun part. I am going to stand over here, in front of the chalkboard, and on my count of three you guys can chuck all of the pencils back at me." He walked from the podium to the chalk board, assumed a Jesus-on-the-cross pose and counted to three. For ten minutes, we threw all of the pencils we could find back at him, cheering and just laughing while Griggs recited the whole list of books we had read over the semester. It was like a scene out of a movie!! Hehe, I still laugh when I think about it. :)
3. Finals are coming up, my first one is Friday morning, but for some reason, I am not worried. I have tons of studying to do, and of course, I haven't even started, but it's okay. Everything is going to be fine. And yeah.
4. Check out Paul's post "thoughts I had today." I really like it. I really do. :)
1. Thank you Logan, for stayin up with me. If it hadn't been for you, I don't know if I would have finished my case study so quickly. (Yes folks, I had to pull almost an all-nighter, and Logan was kind enough to stay up with me online, and then, when I was about ready to keel over from number crunching, he offered to call and make sure I was up after my early morning nap. What dedication!)
2. My last history class was yesterday, and I still can't believe what happened. At the end of the semester, we have to fill out evaluations of our professors. Well, my history professor walks in, thanks us for an entertaining semester, and starts passing out the evaluations. My class is pretty big for BC, about 120, so it was taking him a good five minutes to make it around the lecture hall. Out of nowhere he goes, "Damn this is taking forever! Oh wait! I have a great idea!" By this time he has passed out all of the evaluations and picks up this huge ziploc of golf pencils. He looks at it, and then at us, and says "You know, you guys are paying tens of thousands of dollars to go to this school, and you know what? There is a huge, freakin' debate about how important these damn pencils are! I mean, they're golf pencils for God's sake, c'mon! I mean, right? Apparently BC is paying a significant amount of money on golf pencils....how does that sit with you guys?" A collective boo of disgust erupts from the room, and to our surprise, Griggs goes, "Aw the hell with it!" and starts chucking the pencils at us. "This would just take too long if I was to walk around again, and I'm probably going to get sued, but what the hell!" He kept throwing pencils until everyone had about five and his gallon ziploc was empty. "Okay guys, do the evaluations, and I'll be back in a bit." About ten minutes later Griggs walks back in the room, and to our surprise again, he goes "Okay, now for the fun part. I am going to stand over here, in front of the chalkboard, and on my count of three you guys can chuck all of the pencils back at me." He walked from the podium to the chalk board, assumed a Jesus-on-the-cross pose and counted to three. For ten minutes, we threw all of the pencils we could find back at him, cheering and just laughing while Griggs recited the whole list of books we had read over the semester. It was like a scene out of a movie!! Hehe, I still laugh when I think about it. :)
3. Finals are coming up, my first one is Friday morning, but for some reason, I am not worried. I have tons of studying to do, and of course, I haven't even started, but it's okay. Everything is going to be fine. And yeah.
4. Check out Paul's post "thoughts I had today." I really like it. I really do. :)
lasaliente, 21:06


