salience

January 23, 2003

1. Huh... according to this online survey, I connect best with the Eastern Orthodox Church. My number two was Roman Catholic. The only difference this website gives between the two is 1) the literal interpretation of Genesis and 2) the rubric for when it is acceptable to break the sacrament of marriage. Interesting. Personally, I don't think a website can tell me what I believe based on a few pages of questions, religion is something far more complex, but the result was intriguing nevertheless.

2. Being at school and living on my own terms is liberating. I see rotc kids often, and it's nice that we are still friendly with each other. It's almost like there is an unspoken, mutual respect, an understanding. The Army will always have a place in my heart though, along with my man Michael, music, and mac n cheese of course. :) I am just doing band stuff now, besides classes: concert band, woodwind ensemble, and soon a "leadership" clinic to fulfill the potential "student leader" requirements. We'll see how that goes. I'm eager to see how the bands program defines leadership, to see how it compares it to the leadership classes I took for rotc.

3. The familia is doing well, but it's awkward for me to see my brother and sisters growing up. They each have their own personalities and opinions: they are becoming free-thinking individuals. Among other emotions, I am constantly reminded of how old I feel: a maternal instinct which separates me from the kid category. Of course, I will always be my father and mother's daughter, but my brother and sisters will always be my babies. :)
lasaliente, 19:19

0 Comments:

Add a comment