salience
January 26, 2003
Ah, such an eventful weekend, no super bowl for me, but a great time nonetheless:
1. Watched about 8 hours of quality television programming Friday night. The dark result of not enough money or planning to go out and do anything of intriguing value. However, I am pleased to report Greetings from Tuscon is now more representative of the typical, hispanic family: "hijole" is now pronouned correctly, an improvement from the first episode I saw, where the accent was misplaced. :) Later that night, Michelle and I decided to actually leave the room for some food. On our way down to McElroy we stopped by Flora and Kirsten's room, like we always do, to see if they wanted to go. To our disappointment, we found them gone! Just to check, we went to Anna and Natalie's room across the hall to see if they had all gathered in there, but that room was empty too! With heavy hearts and feelings of abandonement, we trudged to McElroy; how could they have left without us? I mean, they missed our emergence from the room, a monumental event! We got to the dining hall and heard, "Michelle! Maria!" and there they were, Anna, Kirsten and Flora, eating their late night munchies! :) No no, they did not go out to someplace new and exciting without us, and suddenly, we didn't feel so left out! :) The night got even better when we watched The Importance of Being Earnest in Anna's room. I adore that movie!!
2. Michelle and I went gallavanting around town Saturday afternoon in search of a birthday present for Patrick and a cable for her computer speakers. Fun times! Later that night I went to Anna's Taqueria for the first time. A wonderful experience, I highly recommend it to anyone who loves authentic, greasy food. As if my night couldn't get any better after quesadillas, I found more Quaker Oats cereal at Shaw's!! Yay!
3. Today, we got together some munchies for a surprise party for Patrick, aka Patty Boy. His birthday was yesterday, but he was too busy with pepband and such to have time for us. No matter, we simply lured him over with the oh-so-enthralling proposition of a super bowl party. ::insert mock enthusiasm here:: Was he surprised to see all (Michelle, Matt, Eileen and I) of us in Ronc 221 to celebrate his birthday. It was a fun time, with good cake and ice cream, and even music, thanks to Michelle's now working speakers and subwoofer.
4. In the past three hours I have developed an obsession with Paul Oakenfold. Just to let you know, don't mention the words "electronica", "trance" or "techno" around me, I might just spontaneously combust from sheer enthusiasm.
1. Watched about 8 hours of quality television programming Friday night. The dark result of not enough money or planning to go out and do anything of intriguing value. However, I am pleased to report Greetings from Tuscon is now more representative of the typical, hispanic family: "hijole" is now pronouned correctly, an improvement from the first episode I saw, where the accent was misplaced. :) Later that night, Michelle and I decided to actually leave the room for some food. On our way down to McElroy we stopped by Flora and Kirsten's room, like we always do, to see if they wanted to go. To our disappointment, we found them gone! Just to check, we went to Anna and Natalie's room across the hall to see if they had all gathered in there, but that room was empty too! With heavy hearts and feelings of abandonement, we trudged to McElroy; how could they have left without us? I mean, they missed our emergence from the room, a monumental event! We got to the dining hall and heard, "Michelle! Maria!" and there they were, Anna, Kirsten and Flora, eating their late night munchies! :) No no, they did not go out to someplace new and exciting without us, and suddenly, we didn't feel so left out! :) The night got even better when we watched The Importance of Being Earnest in Anna's room. I adore that movie!!
2. Michelle and I went gallavanting around town Saturday afternoon in search of a birthday present for Patrick and a cable for her computer speakers. Fun times! Later that night I went to Anna's Taqueria for the first time. A wonderful experience, I highly recommend it to anyone who loves authentic, greasy food. As if my night couldn't get any better after quesadillas, I found more Quaker Oats cereal at Shaw's!! Yay!
3. Today, we got together some munchies for a surprise party for Patrick, aka Patty Boy. His birthday was yesterday, but he was too busy with pepband and such to have time for us. No matter, we simply lured him over with the oh-so-enthralling proposition of a super bowl party. ::insert mock enthusiasm here:: Was he surprised to see all (Michelle, Matt, Eileen and I) of us in Ronc 221 to celebrate his birthday. It was a fun time, with good cake and ice cream, and even music, thanks to Michelle's now working speakers and subwoofer.
4. In the past three hours I have developed an obsession with Paul Oakenfold. Just to let you know, don't mention the words "electronica", "trance" or "techno" around me, I might just spontaneously combust from sheer enthusiasm.
lasaliente, 22:52


