salience
June 2, 2003
I've been at work for a little over two hours now... not really doing much of anything, which is fine with me. The more time I have to wake up, the better. Nevermind the fact that I had to drive 26 miles this morning. It's gotten to the point where I am pulling into the parking deck and I feel like I missed something: "How exactly did I get here? Oh yeah...I'm driving!"
Apart from spending time with friends, el amor de mi vida, and the familia, this weekend I was able to sleep for eons. And it was: D-I-V-I-N-E. Let me tell you, between my gato-Sphinx cuddling with me and my ethereal mattress, "babies don't sleep this good."
So I get into work this morning, and you know, I'm feeling confident. I worked out with my brother a ton this past weekend, mostly to take my mind off my now-peeling sunburn. I'm wearing (my favorite) red shirt today, my $7 khakis and my awesome brown shoes. My hair is cooperating. You can't tell I put my make up on in 6 minutes. Or that I'm taking Benadryl.
By this time, as it my custom, I've downed four bottles of water, so I head to the lav. I'm washing my hands, and wouldn't you know it?! I still have Miracle Grow Potting Soil under my nails from the familia event yesterday of planting summer flowers!!
Hijole!!
It's like my grandma always says, "por mas que traigas de salir, siempre quedara el corazon tuyo con la tierra."
"No matter how hard you try to leave, your heart will always remain with the earth."
Apart from spending time with friends, el amor de mi vida, and the familia, this weekend I was able to sleep for eons. And it was: D-I-V-I-N-E. Let me tell you, between my gato-Sphinx cuddling with me and my ethereal mattress, "babies don't sleep this good."
So I get into work this morning, and you know, I'm feeling confident. I worked out with my brother a ton this past weekend, mostly to take my mind off my now-peeling sunburn. I'm wearing (my favorite) red shirt today, my $7 khakis and my awesome brown shoes. My hair is cooperating. You can't tell I put my make up on in 6 minutes. Or that I'm taking Benadryl.
By this time, as it my custom, I've downed four bottles of water, so I head to the lav. I'm washing my hands, and wouldn't you know it?! I still have Miracle Grow Potting Soil under my nails from the familia event yesterday of planting summer flowers!!
Hijole!!
It's like my grandma always says, "por mas que traigas de salir, siempre quedara el corazon tuyo con la tierra."
"No matter how hard you try to leave, your heart will always remain with the earth."
lasaliente, 09:00


