salience

September 14, 2003

I blinked and suddenly it's Sunday. All in all it has been a great weekend, I must say.

First of all I must explain that Natalie is in Miami for the weekend, and she left Flora the use of her car. Friday was a fun time. We had a poetry reading at Paul's for concert band and then I went to Avaland with Michelle and Flora (you better believe we drove to Landsdowne!!).

Saturday was wicked productive. We got the tv to Best Buy, finally. (Hopefully after they send it out, they'll realize it is beyond repair and give me a new one.) Plus, Kirstin, Michelle, and Flora were able to run their errands at Fenway. We ate lunch at Mickey D's around 4 and then headed to Target for some much needed connection to the outside world. Flora and I decided to be as Mexican as possible with the living room, and we bought turqouise sheets to cover the couches and chairs and what have you. We also found this awesome, fuzzy, lined throw, also turqouise. Much with the fun-ness. Unfortunately Michelle and I had to be back on campus to meet our sections to head downtown. We ended up going candle pin bowling, and a great time was had by all. (I have so many good pictures for the Big Event slideshow!!) We got back to the room before 12 only to find that Flora, Kirstin and Diane had sought out the elusive Krispy Kreme. For the past two years it had been rumoured that there was one amongst the plethera of Dunkin Donuts, and the girls decided they had to find it, especially this weekend with having Natalie's car. Three hours and many stories later, they did indeed find it and brought home two boxes of warm, glazed goodness. We all sat in our now turqouise living room and ate and talked and laughed until three in the morning.

Michelle and I decided to head to bed since we had to be up for the Allston-Brighton parade today. We had all planned on it being canceled, the weather channel had said it would rain. Yet, we woke up, and to our dismay the sun was out and the sky was blue. So, with heavy feet, we all got into our uniforms and headed down to Allston. After and hour of warming up and whatnot the clouds came. One parade formation and two cadences later the drops came, heavy. So there we all were, ready to step off, getting soaked. It wasn't too bad really, a party in the street to be sure. By the time the officials decided to continue on with the show, the rain had let up and eventually stopped. At the end of the 4 mile route the sun was out, and we were drenched--not only from the downpour, but from being in the wool/polyster unforms in 80% humidity.

Now it is time to get ready for the week. My classes are great, in that educational-I'm-getting-what-I'm-paying-for sense, but sometimes it feels like they are just a way to kill time before the weekend. Flora wants to go to a latina sorority meeting at NEU Thursday night after our rehearsal, Steve has already dubbed Nicole in charge of cooking for all 19 saxes at his place on Friday night (eggplant parm and various other goodies) followed by line dancing, and there are whispers of heading down to the Roxy as well. So you could say yes, unity is leaps and bounds better this year than it was last year...
lasaliente, 18:07

0 Comments:

Add a comment