salience
September 10, 2003
I read something today that prompted the entire epiphany. It was along the lines of we, as humans, complicate the simple all of the time--it's human tendency. But the real challenge is to simplify the obtuse, for that is creativity.
Ever have one of those moments, just as you go about your day, when a thought flashes across the mind? When you have to stop everything to take in the full realization? Sure, the initial shock wears off, and you go about your day. But then, you have to stop again. Why did I feel the need to complicate things so much? Did I really want another challenge desperately enough to create one? Repeatedly? And really, where's the value in that? Isn't the game itself enough complication for a lifetime?
Ever have one of those moments, just as you go about your day, when a thought flashes across the mind? When you have to stop everything to take in the full realization? Sure, the initial shock wears off, and you go about your day. But then, you have to stop again. Why did I feel the need to complicate things so much? Did I really want another challenge desperately enough to create one? Repeatedly? And really, where's the value in that? Isn't the game itself enough complication for a lifetime?
lasaliente, 15:11


