salience
September 15, 2003
It seems I've struggled with this exact question for some time lately. No, I'm not looking to unlock enigmas anymore--the focus has shifted back to myself. Who am I anyway? And how do I know that I am this person? Following the suite-wide Descartes tirades of last week, I could have just manifested this image of me to represent myself to myself. And if this is so, is this how others see me, just because this is who I believe I am, what I portray?
When I look in the mirror I see family, friends, aspirations all enclosed by:
-my father's eyes
-my mother's smile
-the watch I can't wear right side up
-the ever-present chapstick in my hand
-my worn-in, comfortable style
And I have to wonder, is it all lost somewhere in translation?
When I look in the mirror I see family, friends, aspirations all enclosed by:
-my father's eyes
-my mother's smile
-the watch I can't wear right side up
-the ever-present chapstick in my hand
-my worn-in, comfortable style
And I have to wonder, is it all lost somewhere in translation?
lasaliente, 15:09


