salience
November 11, 2003
I saw her today, in the dining hall. The Evil One from freshman year: my former roommate, Sascha. I was making my way through the after class rush to the door when I realized I knew the four shades of blonde coming towards me. In that instant I played with the idea of smiling, of saying "Hi, how is your rich family doing?", of throwing her on the ground and beating her with my finance book. So many memories, so many hassles, so many frustrations. I am a stronger person because of the entire ordeal, more open minded, even. If nothing else, she lowered my expectations of the general populace. But no, I decided conversing with this leech of humanity would prove futile, and really she stood no chance against my finance text as it significantly outweighs her, so I opted for the expressionless stare. I saw the light of recognition spark, her mouth fill with a hallmark greeting. But before she could spill a word, I broke the gaze. And walked out the door.
lasaliente, 16:06


