salience

November 16, 2003

This weekend has been a really good one. The past week has been incredibly stressful, for many reasons. My sanguine dreams are starting to calm down, so sleep is more of the rest it should be. There for a bit it was more work, emotionally, for me to be asleep than it was for me to be awake and distracted.

Thursday night I saw Love Actually with Shell and Kirstin, now known as The Dork Trio. (For some reason, it just works out that we share similar obsessions, e.g. Trilogy Tuesday on 16 December, anyone?) It was a really great movie, not the expected romantic comedy at all. Along with a great script, there is some exceptional acting.

Friday night we de-Halloweened the living room with Flora's Christmas lights and then spent some quality time with Disney: The Emperor's New Groove and Mulan. Jen (Diane's roommate) hung snowmen ornaments from the soffet in front of our bay window for each of us, our early Christmas gifts, which is way cool. She's planning on bringing some nets of lights to hang down the window which amuses me to no end--it's fun, collectively getting into the Navidad spirit. Paul called me and I had the esteemed pleasure of not only catching up with him, but talking to his thirty-something roommate Gordon, who insisted being half-mexi was a great thing indeed, just like Taco Bell. Ha. My baby girl Frazier also stopped by which was cool. Apparently she and Paul know the same people, she being a Marietta, Sprayberry girl. Just goes to show that it really is a small world.

Saturday was spent cleaning the place up a little and Navidading our room. Flora had been planning on meeting her Tams kids who were visiting (her high school folk) their Harvard Law friend (also a Tams kid I believe) and then going out to celebrate another Tamser's birthday. We were in the middle of Trading Spaces, a show Shell and I used to catch religiously but haven't been able to this year, when Flora decided we needed to go with her. True, we hadn't really left the room all weekend, but really, who is cooler than us anyway? And what other options are there besides the drunken gatherings on campus? Definitely not appealing, by any means. After about ten minutes of debating whether or not to go, how much it would cost, who would be there, what we would wear and whatnot, Shell and I decided to venture out of 90. We were running late, so the plan was to meet up at the club where the Harvard/Tams kids were heading (The Matrix off Bolyston). I was expecting it to be an awkward time, not really knowing anyone besides my girls. But I'm glad I went. I met some really cool, if not dorky kids, both at the club and then back at Harvard afterwards. Plus, we were laughing the entire time with my completely wiping out in front of the 7Eleven (one minute I'm walking, the next I'm sliding down a concrete ramp, my feet are eye level and I'm on the ground) on the way to catch the T, and then Flora falling down the T stairs, Kelly and I trying not so hard not to laugh, while she continued to talk on the phone, and fall. :) It reminded me I'm not an academic machine, but someone who needs to move and experience...

It's Sunday. I can't believe there is only a little over one more week until Thanksgiving break. Sometimes it feels like band camp was just yesterday. Shell and I were discussing "time." It does seem the older we get, the more quickly time passes. Is my junior year really half over already??
lasaliente, 18:08

0 Comments:

Add a comment