salience
December 21, 2003
1. Trilogy Tuesday was amazing. I have no words to contain my elation of seeing the extended edition of Fellowship, followed by the extended edition of Two Towers, along with a two hour advanced screening of Return of the King with 597 other die hard, Boston, Tolkien fans (not taking the dork trio into account, of course). It was a great audience: we exchanged knowing glances upon seeing each other's homemade shirts, offered to run down to the convenience store during the break for an illegal box of raisinets. We cried, laughed, anticipated and appreciated together. It was Peter Jackson's interpretation of Tolkien's work on-screen, sequentially, as it was meant to be seen. A day well spent, indeed.
2. I finished Diary this morning. Palahniuk is an inspiring writer. His novels are so grotesque, yet so familiar. I'm waiting for my emotions to calm down to the point where I can read it again. As always, I am sure there is plenty I missed the first time. Plus, his works cater to the sixth and seventh reads.
3. My brother went on his first-ever official date Friday night. (!!) He is not "authorized to release any information" about this girl. He'll only tell me that she is his favorite Magoo (whatever that means) and that the movie was great. He does not want to be embarrassed obviously. What then, as his eldest sister, am I supposed to do?? Clearly he does not sympathize with my role in this scenario.
4. We're leaving for San Anto Tuesday morning, so everyone's busy with getting Christmas shopping done and the like. Hopefully we'll get to see Grandma Wednesday when we get in, or early Thursday.
5. Being home with the familia is great. As soon as I walked in the door, my brother came running down the stairs shouting, "Where have you been young lady?! I expected you home hours ago!! But no, you had to wait until 17 days after Thanksgiving to grace us with your presence!!" And you know, I'll never get enough of having our now-only puppy Purdy asleep in my lap as I'm on the computer, with my gato Sphinx keeping watch nearby.
2. I finished Diary this morning. Palahniuk is an inspiring writer. His novels are so grotesque, yet so familiar. I'm waiting for my emotions to calm down to the point where I can read it again. As always, I am sure there is plenty I missed the first time. Plus, his works cater to the sixth and seventh reads.
3. My brother went on his first-ever official date Friday night. (!!) He is not "authorized to release any information" about this girl. He'll only tell me that she is his favorite Magoo (whatever that means) and that the movie was great. He does not want to be embarrassed obviously. What then, as his eldest sister, am I supposed to do?? Clearly he does not sympathize with my role in this scenario.
4. We're leaving for San Anto Tuesday morning, so everyone's busy with getting Christmas shopping done and the like. Hopefully we'll get to see Grandma Wednesday when we get in, or early Thursday.
5. Being home with the familia is great. As soon as I walked in the door, my brother came running down the stairs shouting, "Where have you been young lady?! I expected you home hours ago!! But no, you had to wait until 17 days after Thanksgiving to grace us with your presence!!" And you know, I'll never get enough of having our now-only puppy Purdy asleep in my lap as I'm on the computer, with my gato Sphinx keeping watch nearby.
lasaliente, 21:36


