salience
January 21, 2004
1. It's been a long while folks, I know. And I have been writing, yes. But it is all very dark--I have this habit of only writing when I need to bleed. Writing writing. I pick up a pen and slash my wrist and let my blood spill words on a blank page. Ranting, containing, feeling.
2. I bought the new Ani D. disc today. Yeah, her new work, solo business. There are very few people who affect me the way she does. For some reason, her music, expression, art rips out my heart one second only to feed it back to me the next. Causing me pain and then walking me back to understanding by streets I hadn't considered before, indeed if I even knew they were there to begin with.
3. It's a new semester, another beginning. It's surreal to me--I'm waiting for an end. I can't not jump whenever one of my phones rings. I am ever waiting for the news, clutching a mental list of what I will need for five day mourning, if she should leave us. When she leaves us. And I feel, but I am nothing but delayed reactions. I hear you, trust me. Just give me time to catch the echo, I'll meet you at the end of the fog.
2. I bought the new Ani D. disc today. Yeah, her new work, solo business. There are very few people who affect me the way she does. For some reason, her music, expression, art rips out my heart one second only to feed it back to me the next. Causing me pain and then walking me back to understanding by streets I hadn't considered before, indeed if I even knew they were there to begin with.
3. It's a new semester, another beginning. It's surreal to me--I'm waiting for an end. I can't not jump whenever one of my phones rings. I am ever waiting for the news, clutching a mental list of what I will need for five day mourning, if she should leave us. When she leaves us. And I feel, but I am nothing but delayed reactions. I hear you, trust me. Just give me time to catch the echo, I'll meet you at the end of the fog.
lasaliente, 19:53


