salience
May 3, 2004
Unexpected, but a nice surprise nonetheless:
Maria..
Hello! I hope that you're doing well and I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to send my congratulations to you and let you know what's going on with us..
First off, your mother told me about your music accomplishments - I can't tell you how proud I am of you for making drum major! I was so excited when I heard the news! I know that you worked very hard for that and I am just so happy for you and I know that you will be superb. Your mother also told me about the run around the reservoir (!) - better you than me!! I don't think that I could ever be in good enough physical shape to do something like that again! Also, I hope that your Rhapsody in Blue concert goes well (as I'm sure it will). You have so much talent in all sorts of fields and I am so happy for you that you have been able to keep music in your life.
How are things going with the rest of your life? Your mother also told me about the summer job that you will be doing. That sounds very exciting, but perhaps a bit overwhelming!
As I'm sure that you've heard, I haven't been teaching at Milton for quite some time. I don't know what you might have heard, but it's important for you to know that I never did any of the terrible things that I was accused of and while I am very disappointed in some of the individuals that played a part in all of it, I'm pretty sure that everything happens for a reason. Therefore, Keren and I have decided to change careers and get out of the teaching business for a while. We will be moving to Red Wing, Minnesota at the end of May to pursue a career in instrument repair. We will be there attending school for a year and we will probably move back to the Atlanta area to open a shop or work for one of the corporate outfits in the area. As you can imagine, there are lots of unknowns but we're excited (and a little scared!).
Anyway, congratulations again for everything.
I hope to hear from you soon!
Michael Barr
Maria..
Hello! I hope that you're doing well and I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to send my congratulations to you and let you know what's going on with us..
First off, your mother told me about your music accomplishments - I can't tell you how proud I am of you for making drum major! I was so excited when I heard the news! I know that you worked very hard for that and I am just so happy for you and I know that you will be superb. Your mother also told me about the run around the reservoir (!) - better you than me!! I don't think that I could ever be in good enough physical shape to do something like that again! Also, I hope that your Rhapsody in Blue concert goes well (as I'm sure it will). You have so much talent in all sorts of fields and I am so happy for you that you have been able to keep music in your life.
How are things going with the rest of your life? Your mother also told me about the summer job that you will be doing. That sounds very exciting, but perhaps a bit overwhelming!
As I'm sure that you've heard, I haven't been teaching at Milton for quite some time. I don't know what you might have heard, but it's important for you to know that I never did any of the terrible things that I was accused of and while I am very disappointed in some of the individuals that played a part in all of it, I'm pretty sure that everything happens for a reason. Therefore, Keren and I have decided to change careers and get out of the teaching business for a while. We will be moving to Red Wing, Minnesota at the end of May to pursue a career in instrument repair. We will be there attending school for a year and we will probably move back to the Atlanta area to open a shop or work for one of the corporate outfits in the area. As you can imagine, there are lots of unknowns but we're excited (and a little scared!).
Anyway, congratulations again for everything.
I hope to hear from you soon!
Michael Barr
lasaliente, 09:23


