salience
August 31, 2005
Hedge Funds. What do you know about them? Anything? Sound familiar, even? It's okay, be honest. What about an investment company?
No?
To bring you up to speed, an investment company was defined in 1940 as any one of three things: a facefront certificate (of the obvious '80s popularity, but no longer issued); a management company (either open or closed); and a UIT (unit investment trust, either fixed or participatory). You will recognize open and closed management companies as mutual funds and publicly traded stocks, et al respectively, as well as fixed and participatory UITs as insurance and variable annuities.
A hedge fund is typically under the advisory umbrella, along the UIT vein, which practices high risk techniques based on a necessary, impressive volume of research. The result is consistent, extraordinary capital gains.
Today, I gave my consent to join a prestigious capital management firm in midtown as a fund coordinator. The position has never before existed, so I, in essence, get to write my own ticket. In terms of responsibility and career direction, that is. It is similar to the Watermill family I so much enjoyed this past spring, which makes me feel right at home in an intimidating, 29th floor office. I start in a week and a half or so.
They say everything happens for a reason, and although I can't go into C1 specifics here due to internet protocol, rest assured I am not looking back.
No?
To bring you up to speed, an investment company was defined in 1940 as any one of three things: a facefront certificate (of the obvious '80s popularity, but no longer issued); a management company (either open or closed); and a UIT (unit investment trust, either fixed or participatory). You will recognize open and closed management companies as mutual funds and publicly traded stocks, et al respectively, as well as fixed and participatory UITs as insurance and variable annuities.
A hedge fund is typically under the advisory umbrella, along the UIT vein, which practices high risk techniques based on a necessary, impressive volume of research. The result is consistent, extraordinary capital gains.
Today, I gave my consent to join a prestigious capital management firm in midtown as a fund coordinator. The position has never before existed, so I, in essence, get to write my own ticket. In terms of responsibility and career direction, that is. It is similar to the Watermill family I so much enjoyed this past spring, which makes me feel right at home in an intimidating, 29th floor office. I start in a week and a half or so.
They say everything happens for a reason, and although I can't go into C1 specifics here due to internet protocol, rest assured I am not looking back.
lasaliente, 17:52


