salience
August 7, 2005
"Nah see girl, I'm tellin' everyone!! And I mean, everyone... 'Cause even though it's not by blood necessarily, you are mine. That's right. We're so damn proud of our baby."
Oh Uncle D. One of my daddies. I called el papa to tell him his show was on and why wasn't he watching it?! Yeah, this girl who was doing el papa's dream of property flipping on TLC, and it turns out Uncle D was visiting after the twins band camp. (::growingpaintwinge:: Hard to believe I have no band camp this summer, a first in nine years...) I had just gotten in from a block party... My first ever. Imagine my street if you will, roughly a three mile road, blocked off my orange traffic cones off the local construction worker's truck at each end. Ridge Lane is very American apple pie, and very diverse. Every yard displays at least one American flag, and each driveway a grill and lawn chairs with children playing hop scotch and double dutch along the center of the road. I'm glad my first apartment is in such a family environment. It's a big change, living alone. And while I love it, I will be glad to start working my long hours.
This past Thursday I passed the Series 63 (New York State Uniform Securities Examination) with an 85% (70% is passing). Two Tuesdays prior I had passed the big one, the Series 7 (the NASD/NYSE General Securities Examen) with a 78%. And it feels good. I am now employed as a General Securities Broker, 7 & 63 at an NYSE brokerage house.
The fall class is already in full swing, another thirty kids with the same dream. All of us came back to a mini reunion after taking our exams for our greenlight interviews with the Presidente, and it was so surreal. Looking around, you take note of all of the faces you don't see, of just how many couldn't make it. And we "made it," but we are just now starting. Although we can "reminisce" and point to our "old" seats in the classroom, we've been assigned mentors and will now be practicing what we've been studying all summer. The fun hasn't even begun...
Our recruiter reassured us by saying about two thirds of us would not make it through training, and would just walk away. We all just looked around at each other and started pointing. The next month will be fierce, but I'm ready.
This, it's another sueno I am fortunate enough to live ya'll.
Dios me bendiga. Puedo solamente caerme a las rodillas y agradecerlo.
Oh Uncle D. One of my daddies. I called el papa to tell him his show was on and why wasn't he watching it?! Yeah, this girl who was doing el papa's dream of property flipping on TLC, and it turns out Uncle D was visiting after the twins band camp. (::growingpaintwinge:: Hard to believe I have no band camp this summer, a first in nine years...) I had just gotten in from a block party... My first ever. Imagine my street if you will, roughly a three mile road, blocked off my orange traffic cones off the local construction worker's truck at each end. Ridge Lane is very American apple pie, and very diverse. Every yard displays at least one American flag, and each driveway a grill and lawn chairs with children playing hop scotch and double dutch along the center of the road. I'm glad my first apartment is in such a family environment. It's a big change, living alone. And while I love it, I will be glad to start working my long hours.
This past Thursday I passed the Series 63 (New York State Uniform Securities Examination) with an 85% (70% is passing). Two Tuesdays prior I had passed the big one, the Series 7 (the NASD/NYSE General Securities Examen) with a 78%. And it feels good. I am now employed as a General Securities Broker, 7 & 63 at an NYSE brokerage house.
The fall class is already in full swing, another thirty kids with the same dream. All of us came back to a mini reunion after taking our exams for our greenlight interviews with the Presidente, and it was so surreal. Looking around, you take note of all of the faces you don't see, of just how many couldn't make it. And we "made it," but we are just now starting. Although we can "reminisce" and point to our "old" seats in the classroom, we've been assigned mentors and will now be practicing what we've been studying all summer. The fun hasn't even begun...
Our recruiter reassured us by saying about two thirds of us would not make it through training, and would just walk away. We all just looked around at each other and started pointing. The next month will be fierce, but I'm ready.
This, it's another sueno I am fortunate enough to live ya'll.
Dios me bendiga. Puedo solamente caerme a las rodillas y agradecerlo.
lasaliente, 22:45


