salience

October 9, 2006

Pyra Labs (read: Google) is retiring BlogSpot hosting. Is anyone else upset? I remember when my blogger FTP subscription cost $15, years ago. For what a CD costs today, I could html tag to my hearts content with a template I hardcoded into my page. Not to totally geek out on anyone, but this pretty much is the icing on the cake of a really awful day. On top of feeling mentally claustrophic at work, I come home cheerily to an unforseen petty silent fight just like a quick punch to the top lip as I opened the door smiling, and now this. Sure all of my content on FTP will remain up to this point, but I will lose all access as soon as Pyra, I mean Google, pulls the plug. If I could convince myself it wasn't cheating, I might maybe somehow switch to Movable Type... And that's a significant maybe. Right now, I am this close to turning on my heel and walking back out that door into the night.
lasaliente, 20:44

0 Comments:

Add a comment