salience

April 14, 2008

I spent this past weekend in Charlottesville for Founder's Day festivities - a celebration of Thomas Jefferson's founding UVA. Ryan being a member of the Jefferson Society, a literary and debating society where membership is granted only after a lengthy probationary process/final debate, we of course followed the natural progression of celebrations: Founder's Day formal dinner, Night of a Thousand Toasts and the pilgrimage to Monticello to visit Jefferson's grave at dawn.

As one can imagine, very little sleep was to be had. Collectively, I was able to sleep for about 11 hours total. Monday morning is already here, so I am off to bed.

More on the events shortly yall, I promise. But in the meantime, a few pictures:

Pre-dinner in Paul's room with the lovely Alana and Elle:


Just before sitting down to dinner in the Rotunda:


A re-creation of the famous rat pack photo - Doug, Paul and Ryan:


lasaliente, 00:56

0 Comments:

Add a comment