salience

April 14, 2008

Over the past months, I've accepted I will not always achieve tangible results. Definitive accomplishments seem to blur more and more with each passing day. Instead, I focus on the tasks at hand and continuously ask myself one question as I climb into bed on any given night: have I made things better, am I improving?

Nevermind the exact level of improvement, there are too many moving parts for me to fully realize any lofty goal overnight. No, is my work, at the end of a day, an improvement on the process, my team, our dedication? Are my relationships with those around me stronger tonight than they were this morning? If so, I've been successful.

It could be, as I get older, my goals' horizons lengthen. I'm looking farther down this road in front of me. Or it could be my goals are more ambitious now or that I want to involve others beyond myself when it comes to defining what an accomplishment should be.

I see myself as a leader, confident in her competence. Welcome to my domain, please do take a look around. Take your time, my myriad shifts a little under the light of any given corner.

Despair, disappointment, defeat - I have no use for them here.

And please do sip my smile slowly, I don't have the time to hold your hand through the sudden headrush mosaic which is sure to follow quickly.

Thanks for stopping by and please don't be a stranger: the days are indeed decades but the months only seconds, my friends.
lasaliente, 00:50

0 Comments:

Add a comment