salience
April 29, 2008
What do y'all know about horse racing? Steeple chases? Not much? Yeah me either, slightly embarrassing considering I was born in Louisville, Kentucky. Nevertheless, I went to my first ever horse race this past weekend down in Charlottesville. The entire premise behind the event is rather perplexing to me: a tailgate for a handful of heats. But people come from near and far for the Foxfield Races. It is quite the spectacle (bonnets optional) and an all day to-do. Ours was eclipsed by a sudden, constant downpour. While Ryan did volunteer the use of his Jeep for one tailgate, we spent most of our time at a friend's plot. Please forgive the rough appearance, I drove down after working a full day the Friday prior to get to the UVA campus at 5AM Saturday morning. You will catch me in a few shots in a blue halter and white jacket, all courtesy of one very talented Mr. Elliott Woods.
































lasaliente, 22:58


