salience
January 16, 2009
Well, the holidays came and went, in a blur of activities, family and trips. We went to Orlando for my cousin's daughter's baptism, then most of the family came to NYC for the week of Christmas, and then it was back down to Orlando for New Year's.
Happy New Year, indeed. There are many things I am looking forward to this year: Lorenzo's graduation, Ryan's graduation, possible vacation time, career development. Is 25 an introspective age? Part of me feels so wise and weary and the other vibrant and ready. But for what? And how do I release the vibrant without losing the wise?
I feel like a lot of things in my life are in flux lately: family challenges, friends' ideals, boyfriend's future career, my job security, my goals, even my music performance outlet. There is no real common ground, other than me sometimes. It's been a little tough to swallow. Mayhaps "the world is too much with me." I just have to take things one day at a time. Lately I find it hard to quiet the voice in my head which is constantly whispering what if's. I'm glad when sleep is over, but I'm never really rested. Is it anxiety? Or just general apathy?
It's not a depression, more like a numbness. A constant agitated state of treading water. Potential energy with no real kinetic energy to balance.
And so it goes.
I believe a few pictures are in order, as is my tradition.
First up, little Kate's baptism: my favorite brother serving as godfather, of course:




Next, family time in NYC. Times Square:

Top of the Empire State Building:







In front of the tree at Rockefeller Center on Christmas Eve:


On the way to Christmas Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral:

And lastly, when we were in Orlando for New Years, we went on a fishing trip to Stuart, FL, We had to split up into two boats since there were so many of us unfortunately, so I only have photos from our boat:







Happy New Year, indeed. There are many things I am looking forward to this year: Lorenzo's graduation, Ryan's graduation, possible vacation time, career development. Is 25 an introspective age? Part of me feels so wise and weary and the other vibrant and ready. But for what? And how do I release the vibrant without losing the wise?
I feel like a lot of things in my life are in flux lately: family challenges, friends' ideals, boyfriend's future career, my job security, my goals, even my music performance outlet. There is no real common ground, other than me sometimes. It's been a little tough to swallow. Mayhaps "the world is too much with me." I just have to take things one day at a time. Lately I find it hard to quiet the voice in my head which is constantly whispering what if's. I'm glad when sleep is over, but I'm never really rested. Is it anxiety? Or just general apathy?
It's not a depression, more like a numbness. A constant agitated state of treading water. Potential energy with no real kinetic energy to balance.
And so it goes.
I believe a few pictures are in order, as is my tradition.
First up, little Kate's baptism: my favorite brother serving as godfather, of course:
Next, family time in NYC. Times Square:
Top of the Empire State Building:
In front of the tree at Rockefeller Center on Christmas Eve:
On the way to Christmas Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral:
And lastly, when we were in Orlando for New Years, we went on a fishing trip to Stuart, FL, We had to split up into two boats since there were so many of us unfortunately, so I only have photos from our boat:
lasaliente, 23:01


