salience
February 10, 2009
I am trying very hard not to be mad at the world right now. Every insensitive thing a coworker says or every rude action a stranger does should not make me tear up. But I just can't believe another one is gone.
Last Friday night, a woman I played in the Columbia Summer Winds group with was shot in her apartment. By her boyfriend. And she was pregnant. Apparently her boyfriend was jealous of the friendship she had with her ex, who also played with us in CSW. So last Friday, he shot them both before killing himself.
This isn't getting any easier. This is the third friend I've known who's been taken too soon.
A friend here told me to be thankful Deb's boyfriend didn't show up at one of our rehearsals and open fire. And I suppose that is true. But it's hard for me to fathom a human being could be capable of going to that extreme. Or to any extreme like this.
Most of all it's hard to think of our next rehearsal when neither Deb nor Dan will be there.
Part of me hopes this is all just one long, twisted nightmare. I keep pleading with myself to wake up. Maybe if I just wake up both will be safe, both will be back.
But I just can't seem to open my eyes and make this all go away.
Last Friday night, a woman I played in the Columbia Summer Winds group with was shot in her apartment. By her boyfriend. And she was pregnant. Apparently her boyfriend was jealous of the friendship she had with her ex, who also played with us in CSW. So last Friday, he shot them both before killing himself.
This isn't getting any easier. This is the third friend I've known who's been taken too soon.
A friend here told me to be thankful Deb's boyfriend didn't show up at one of our rehearsals and open fire. And I suppose that is true. But it's hard for me to fathom a human being could be capable of going to that extreme. Or to any extreme like this.
Most of all it's hard to think of our next rehearsal when neither Deb nor Dan will be there.
Part of me hopes this is all just one long, twisted nightmare. I keep pleading with myself to wake up. Maybe if I just wake up both will be safe, both will be back.
But I just can't seem to open my eyes and make this all go away.
lasaliente, 20:52


