salience

May 1, 2009

Foxfield's 2009. This year was my second time attending the horse race and, I have to say, so much more fun. It may be that I didn't have a nine hour drive until 4AM the day of this year, but we had a blast. Until I got sick, but that was entirely my fault for switching to sugar right at the very end (daiquiries made in a sleepy blender in Ry's Jeep right before we left did not sit well after sipping straight bourbon on no food with the guys all day long). Because I'm training for a figure competition, I'm really against eating badly. There was plenty of food around: the famous Wayside fried chicken, mac n cheese, chips, soda, you name it. I did not partake aside from a little chicken, which was amazing, so it's safe to say the not eating might not have helped the sick situation as well. Although I don't have anything against drinking my calories (if for a good cause) and Foxfield's certainly qualified.

Unfortunately I don't have too many pictures. My camera made a late appearance in the day, as we spent a few hours first setting up our plot (of 4! we had 3 cars!) and catching up with those we hadn't seen in what felt like a really long time. We were on the outer ring this year which was a far cry from the pandemonium going on with the undergrads in the inner circle last year. And it was great to see Bobbie and Chris again - both had been MIA for the better part of a year (wow, I guess it really has been a long time!). Hopefully we'll all get to see each other again soon.

A one Mr. Bobbie King:


Ry and Will:


Om and Will:

Chris and I:

The guys:
Standard:
With Om:

lasaliente, 14:44

0 Comments:

Add a comment