salience
May 8, 2012
Ryan and I were only in the state of Massachusetts for a day and a half this past weekend, but we managed to cram a lot in. In addition to running the race near the NH border Saturday, we headed into Boston proper that evening after getting cleaned up. (I literally had to wash my hair three separate times once we got back to our hotel. I kid you not. There was just that much dirt, leaves, underbrush, you name it, crammed in there.)
We both watch Food Network a lot, and one of the fan favorites is a show by Guy Fieri called "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives." Ry decided we NEEDED to go to this Italian place that only seats 10 at a time in East Boston while we were there. Luckily, we were both feeling run down, so we called in a take out order an hour ahead of time. Thankfully, that turned out to be the smart call. When we got to this hole in the wall right by Logan airport, there were 34 parties waiting. Literally, the restaurant would have to completely turn over four times to meet all of the guests yet to be seated! I couldd't believe it. The food was amazing though. Rinos is no joke!
We then crossed the city so Ryan could (finally) see BC. In the five years we've been together, I have been down to UVA for various events 837 times, plus three international trips to the UK for Cambridge. Ry had only been to Boston once and had never even seen Chestnut Hill. There was an alumni recording session going on for bOp! (jazz ensemble) which I bowed out of. It wasn't even 7:30 and I was about to pass out, my body wasn't having it. But I took Ryan to the main entrance so he could walk the promenade, see the quad and look at our (tiny compared to UVA's) football stadium. I hadn't been back to campus in almost four years. A lot of construction is going on, but at the same time, barely anything has changed at all. And that's how it should be, right?
Some pictures I took while we walked. (Side note: can't believe I wasted cash on a Sony slim camera. I take virtually all of my photos on my phone now, unless it's a high action event, and I'll bring my Nikon. Amazing!)
Comm Ave entrance:
Main promenade:
Gasson from the Million Dollar Staircase, my favorite:
Quad:
B line T!
Bapst Library.
We both watch Food Network a lot, and one of the fan favorites is a show by Guy Fieri called "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives." Ry decided we NEEDED to go to this Italian place that only seats 10 at a time in East Boston while we were there. Luckily, we were both feeling run down, so we called in a take out order an hour ahead of time. Thankfully, that turned out to be the smart call. When we got to this hole in the wall right by Logan airport, there were 34 parties waiting. Literally, the restaurant would have to completely turn over four times to meet all of the guests yet to be seated! I couldd't believe it. The food was amazing though. Rinos is no joke!
We then crossed the city so Ryan could (finally) see BC. In the five years we've been together, I have been down to UVA for various events 837 times, plus three international trips to the UK for Cambridge. Ry had only been to Boston once and had never even seen Chestnut Hill. There was an alumni recording session going on for bOp! (jazz ensemble) which I bowed out of. It wasn't even 7:30 and I was about to pass out, my body wasn't having it. But I took Ryan to the main entrance so he could walk the promenade, see the quad and look at our (tiny compared to UVA's) football stadium. I hadn't been back to campus in almost four years. A lot of construction is going on, but at the same time, barely anything has changed at all. And that's how it should be, right?
Some pictures I took while we walked. (Side note: can't believe I wasted cash on a Sony slim camera. I take virtually all of my photos on my phone now, unless it's a high action event, and I'll bring my Nikon. Amazing!)
Comm Ave entrance:
Main promenade:
Gasson from the Million Dollar Staircase, my favorite:
Quad:
B line T!
Bapst Library.
lasaliente, 22:40








