salience
December 31, 2012
For a second year, we will be staying home on New Years Eve. I did fix us a nice steak dinner after work though. With so much running around this past weekend, it's nice to sit in one place.
I was overcome with emotion as I was making dinner. In our study Ry was hanging out with his best friend from Cambridge virtually, two men on separate continents talking and laughing, having a great time. In the main room I was texting with Shell, seeing how she's doing after coming down with bronchitis. Even though we only see each other a couple of times a year, I feel so lucky to have her in my life. So happy that Ry has Sweeney in his life, and that we can meet up with friends from what feels like a different era over one weekend and pick up right where we left off. It doesn't feel like much time has passed with the UVA crowd, or even the BC crowd. But so many of us are married now, some even with kids, different careers, changing ambitions... Was it really 6 years ago when we all were getting to know each other for the UVA clan? 12 for the BC crew?
2012 was no cake walk, but no life worth living ever is. Thankfully we had strong friendships to help us take the good with the bad. Come on 2013!
I was overcome with emotion as I was making dinner. In our study Ry was hanging out with his best friend from Cambridge virtually, two men on separate continents talking and laughing, having a great time. In the main room I was texting with Shell, seeing how she's doing after coming down with bronchitis. Even though we only see each other a couple of times a year, I feel so lucky to have her in my life. So happy that Ry has Sweeney in his life, and that we can meet up with friends from what feels like a different era over one weekend and pick up right where we left off. It doesn't feel like much time has passed with the UVA crowd, or even the BC crowd. But so many of us are married now, some even with kids, different careers, changing ambitions... Was it really 6 years ago when we all were getting to know each other for the UVA clan? 12 for the BC crew?
2012 was no cake walk, but no life worth living ever is. Thankfully we had strong friendships to help us take the good with the bad. Come on 2013!
lasaliente, 22:30


