salience

January 31, 2013

It is so difficult to live in this city. Case in point? Ry and I have paid quite a chunk of money for a UPS box on the upper east side of Manhattan for the last 3 years (when we live 14 miles away in Brooklyn), to ensure we get our mail. Unfortunately, one can only rent a mailbox for a year at a time there. And since we plan on moving (back, for me) to Roosevelt Island in May, where we will be in a doorman building with mail security (first time for Ry), it didn't make sense for us to renew at UPS when our contract was up this week. So we're going to cross our fingers and hope that mail reaches us in Brooklyn until then. Guess we'll see how it goes, but considering how many times I've been told USPS can't find our location (how is that possible? We live in an apartment building that was built in '08 and has 9 other units in it!), I don't hold out much hope.
lasaliente, 05:24

0 Comments:

Add a comment